4-Week Training Program
The Four-Week TechCelerator for Faculty, Grad Students & Post-Docs
This fast-track course focuses on how to successfully commercialize intellectual property (IP).
Got a new tech-based business idea – Accelerate it! No matter what your background or business experience level, this course will help get you on the fast-track to success.
What does it take to start and run a successful business? You’ll have the opportunity to hear the answer from entrepreneurs and business support professionals who have traveled down this same road. Are you planning to license university (or privately-owned) intellectual property to start your business? This course will help you ask the right questions, understand the legal issues, and show you how to hit the ground running.
The Four-Week program begins TBA.
- Introductions of Partner personnel.
- Introduction of Workshop content/goals.
- Attendees/faculty describe their research or product. (Bring an executive summary).
- Begin the market research info exchange (TechCelerator will provide a market scan for each participant – to be delivered in week 3 or 4).
- PSU IP and you. Describe the rights and responsibilities of faculty desiring to commercialize their IP. Describe the process.
- Role of and support by Innovation Park Office.
- Market validation – the basic issue. Homework assignments.
- Risk tolerance discussion.
- Live presentation by a successful entrepreneur – a real world example.
- Discussion follows. Homework assignments.
- Business Model Development.
- Outline the possibilities and the challenges involved in commercializing research.
- Deliver market scan feedback to participants.
- Funding options - Ben Franklin, VIF - SBIR & Angel funding
- Faculty presentations. Each participant will present their go-forward plan.