Research To Start-up
Initial Steps to Technology Commercialization for Penn State Faculty & Researchers
If you or anyone in your department has considered starting a company involving the commercialization of Penn State research, this is an excellent opportunity to come and discuss your ideas and get a brief introduction to the process.
This 90 minute overview helps Penn State faculty and researchers learn the steps necessary to take their research from the labs to starting, managing, and growing their own business.
At this brief meeting the following topics will be included:
- how to begin the commercialization process with Penn State and the Office of Technology Management (OTM) and when this is necessary
- importance of filing an Invention Disclosure with Penn State
- a brief overview of Penn State’s intellectual property polices
- an overview of key business issues to consider including how to better understand the market opportunity
- a brief discussion on early stage financing – where to find funding
The next session will be held: November 17, 2015, 6:00-7:30 p.m. in 262 Willard Building, University Park
Who Should Attend?
Penn State faculty and researchers with an idea/product to take it to the next level
How Do I Register?
Fee: Free to Penn State Faculty and Researchers
This course is presented by Penn State Small Business Development Center and the Penn State Office of Technology Management